cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macOS Agent Install

New to the Flexera One platform trying to install the macOS agent with similar settings to that of our windows setup.

I'm having difficulty even downloading and expanding the zip file.  When I attempt to open it on a Mac I keep getting "Unsupported format" I can successfully download and expand the zip file on a windows machine using 7zip but then the files in the expanded folder are corrupt and won't allow me to install.

Has anyone else had this issue how did you resolve?

Thanks

(1) Solution

It looks like the download is coming down with an incorrect filename - it should have a ".pkg" extension. I think you will get what you're looking for if you simply rename the downloaded file to "ManageSoft-22.1.0.pkg".

Alternatively, download the the agent installer package from the Inventory agent for download section on the Inventory Collect > IT Assets Inventory Tasks > Inventory Settings page:

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(7) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you trying to expand the ManageSoft-<version>.pkg MacOS agent installer file to see what files are inside it? I'm not sure why you would need to do that, but if you really need to do that for some reason then the following may help: https://medium.com/macoclock/extracting-applications-and-other-files-from-pkg-files-on-macos-f885376f1ef3

If what you're really trying to do is install the agent package on MacOS, then this is the command to use:

installer -verbose -pkg ManageSoft-[VERSION].pkg -target /

See this page for more information: Agent Third-Party Deployment: Installing FlexNet inventory agent on UNIX.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Can't even get to that point :-).  I'm unable to expand the ".zip" file that is downloaded from the flexera One Portal.

I'm not sure what file you are downloading sorry. There is no ".zip" file for the Mac OS agent as far as I am aware. The download for the Mac OS agent installer is a file with a ".pkg" extension.

When I download from this location I get a .zip.  On both Mac and Windows.  Are you downloading through a different method

Screenshot 2024-10-14 144410.jpg

It looks like the download is coming down with an incorrect filename - it should have a ".pkg" extension. I think you will get what you're looking for if you simply rename the downloaded file to "ManageSoft-22.1.0.pkg".

Alternatively, download the the agent installer package from the Inventory agent for download section on the Inventory Collect > IT Assets Inventory Tasks > Inventory Settings page:

image.png

Totally different location.  The area I was downloading from was "Data Collection/IT Visibility Inventory Tasks/Installers".

I'll update our documentation to pull from your location.

Thanks

FYI - I believe you should find that agent installers downloaded from Data Collection/IT Visibility Inventory Tasks/Installers get saved with correct filenames by default now.