cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMware Clusters

Hello,

My organisation has two Azure VMware Solution (AVS) environments in different locations each with their own cluster. The problem I have is that both clusters are named the same, for example cluster-1, and therefore all hosts are being mapped to a single cluster within FlexeraONE, which I totally understand is normal practice. I'm trying to avoid having to request the server teams to re-name one of the clusters. If I was to manually create a new cluster and call it cluster-2 for example and then move the relevant hosts over to this new cluster, would this be overwritten the next time the vCenter inventory is imported?

Thank you

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
I think the only identifier used for a VMware cluster is its name. So if you have two different clusters in the real world that have the same name then once data is gathered about them into the Flexera One ITAM system there will be no way to tell the clusters apart: they will appear as a single cluster as you're observing.

I expect if you made some manual changes like you describe then those changes would likely be overwritten the next time fresh data is imported.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
I think the only identifier used for a VMware cluster is its name. So if you have two different clusters in the real world that have the same name then once data is gathered about them into the Flexera One ITAM system there will be no way to tell the clusters apart: they will appear as a single cluster as you're observing.

I expect if you made some manual changes like you describe then those changes would likely be overwritten the next time fresh data is imported.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)