cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there way to identify which machine reporting to which beacons?

Hi Team,

Is there way to identify which machine reporting to which beacons?

To more clarity, in my client environment, they have 3 beacons in total. One in India and others are in US

So, they need to know which devices or machine are reporting to Indian beacon or Which are reporting to  US beacons?

Is there any way? Kindly let me know ASAP

Regards,

Rahul Ranjan 

(1) Solution

@Rahul08 do you have sites/subnets assigned out to the beacons?  I believe that will prioritize the assigned beacon when the machine attempts its inventory upload, and that could potentially be helpful?  Could confirm the upload beacon by looking in the uploader or tracker logs of the machine(s).

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@Rahul08 do you have sites/subnets assigned out to the beacons?  I believe that will prioritize the assigned beacon when the machine attempts its inventory upload, and that could potentially be helpful?  Could confirm the upload beacon by looking in the uploader or tracker logs of the machine(s).

Hi  @Rahul08 

Go to All Discovered Devices (FlexNet Manager Suite go to - Discovery & Inventory->All Discovered Devices & FlexeraOne got to - Inventory->Network Discovery->All Discovered Devices).

And search the device which you are looking for and add "Discovered By" column from column chooser it sill show the beacon name from where it got discovered.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

There is generally not a tight relationship between agents and individual beacons.

Each time an agent needs to upload or download data it will use configured algorithm(s) to prioritize all available beacons, and then attempt to connect to each beacon in order until the upload/download succeeds. You would need to inspect log files (either agent log files, or IIS log files on the beacons) to confirm the particular route used by any specific HTTP upload/download request you were interested in.

There is not otherwise any persistent relationship tracked between an agent and beacon.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)