cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If one primary beacon server goes down, then how agent deployment takes place?

Hi All,

I have a below query:-

In my working environment, we have 3 beacons installed.

1. If agents maximum count exceeded in the primary server, then how should it know that the primary server exceeded the count and routed to second or third beacons?

2. Is there any mechanism in flexera or we need to configure load balancing so that if primary server goes down then it will routed to second or third beacons? If yes, how to configure load balancing?

Kindly answer to above question ASAP

Awaiting your kind responses.

Regards,

Rahul Ranjan

(1) Solution
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

The SelectorAlgorithm is described in the documentation: https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2023R1/EN/GatherFNInv/index.html#SysRef/FlexNetInventoryAgent/topics/PMD-SelectorAlgorithm.html

I think, the existing options might not have the desired effect. Ping might still suffer for an overloaded Beacon and lead to the selection of another one. Or it could just be that only some CPU cores limit the Beacon while ping is still fine. So if you want a reliable load balancing solution, you will have to implement it independently and define your own KPIs.

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

The SelectorAlgorithm is described in the documentation: https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2023R1/EN/GatherFNInv/index.html#SysRef/FlexNetInventoryAgent/topics/PMD-SelectorAlgorithm.html

I think, the existing options might not have the desired effect. Ping might still suffer for an overloaded Beacon and lead to the selection of another one. Or it could just be that only some CPU cores limit the Beacon while ping is still fine. So if you want a reliable load balancing solution, you will have to implement it independently and define your own KPIs.

Best regards,

Markward