cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM PVU Reporting

Why would a PVU report for IBM (auditing purposes), include consumption for devices that have no primary products?  This is not logical to me other than, these reports are a 3 month snapshot in time and will report the peak consumption during that time period.  Still not sure why those devices would show consumption.

If an application is added manually to the license would that cause this to happen?

Just doesn't compute with me to see a line on that report with no primary application showing the consumption.  Ideas appreciated.

(2) Replies

@shelby_day 

I think you may have to provide more specific details about your findings for the forum members to be able to provide guidance on this, e.g. which data source(s) provides the inventory, the license product use rights and applications associated, etc.

Thanks,

I realized I was looking at a report that someone from another team decided to alter.  Once I realized the question they were asking and looked at the most current data I was able to answer them.  Each supporting product will generate a line item for the actual entitlement, Cognos for instance may have 4 lines listed with various products such as Framework, Install Manager, etc. which are not counted for consumption but are on the report by default.  This is what happens when someone besides your SAM team is trying to decipher an IBM report.