cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to populate the Flexera One user corporate unit field by importing the active directory department value via business adapter

My goal is to create a business adapter to import the Department field from Active Directory into the Corporate Unit field in Flexera One user properties, in order to associate users with a corporate unit.

First, I imported the department names into Flexera One corporate units via a one-off data import.

Next via report builder I generated a report showing the corporate unit and corporate unit ID.

On the beacon I created a Directories Services business adapter with filter (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)) and properties cn and Department.

I mapped the corporate unit ID field to the 'department' property, and the user full name field to the 'cn' property.

For the corporate unit id field in the adapter, under transformation I populated the 'Find' field with the department names comma separated, and in the 'replace by' field I entered the corporate unit ID numbers comma separated.

When running the adapter I get error: Import failed. Error: The UPDATE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_ComplianceUser_BusinessUnit". The conflict occurred in database "FNMP39", table "dbo.GroupEx_MT".
The statement has been terminated.

I also tried the above in our on-pre FNMS testing instance ans got the same error.

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The Corporate Unit ID value is an internal database ID that needs to be obtained by looking up a Corporate Unit object before the User object in the adapter. 

For example:image.png
You will likely want to map the "department" property being imported to the corporate unit "Name" property, and select the "Use this property for matching existing data".

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The Corporate Unit ID value is an internal database ID that needs to be obtained by looking up a Corporate Unit object before the User object in the adapter. 

For example:image.png
You will likely want to map the "department" property being imported to the corporate unit "Name" property, and select the "Use this property for matching existing data".

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks that did the trick.