cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we add new inventory device types?

I like to add the new inventory device types in the drop down is it possible to add. If so pls share us the document.

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Each inventory device type is tightly tied to different functional behaviors that are implemented in various parts of the system, and it is not possible to add custom types.

If you are wanting to classify inventory device records in some way, you could consider doing that using a property such as "Category", or maybe adding a custom property.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Each inventory device type is tightly tied to different functional behaviors that are implemented in various parts of the system, and it is not possible to add custom types.

If you are wanting to classify inventory device records in some way, you could consider doing that using a property such as "Category", or maybe adding a custom property.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)