cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmenon
By Level 2 Flexeran
Level 2 Flexeran
We are pleased to announce the 2023 R2 release for FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications (FNMEA).

We would like to thank all customers who have provided their valuable feedback to help us focus our efforts on the requirements for this release.

In this release, we've improved the administrative capabilities of the product with the ability to unsubscribe license alerts from users who have used personal email IDs instead of official ones or have left the organization. Also, as part of this release, we have come up with an out-of-the-box solution for managing 3rd party license server technologies (non-FlexLM). This is a standalone utility to manage 3rd party license server technologies which will initially support Reprise and will be bundled along with the main product going forward. We plan to prioritize and build support for other high-priority 3rd party license server technologies and well as alert capabilities for them.

For more information on the features and enhancements for this release, please refer to the Release Notes and the updated documentation supplied with this release and available from Flexera Product Documentation.

FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications release 2023 R2 (as well as the new 3rd Party License Server utility with instructions) is available for download from the Product and License Center link in the Flexera Community.
(7) Comments
MurrayPeters
By
Level 7

Where exactly is the functionality or documentation for the "new 3rd Party License Server utility"?  I have the installed the new FNMEA version and don't see anything obvious OOTB, I've also looked at Release Notes and searched through the documentation but don't see anything to explain it.  I also looked in the list of products available via the PLC and don't see any references to 3rd party license mgt.   

Could you please be a bit more explicit as to where I can start to look to understand how to access/use this functionality?

MurrayPeters
By
Level 7

Just following up on the previous question asking for detail/links to documentation resources as I'm keen to understand what this functionality offers?

vmenon
By Level 2 Flexeran
Level 2 Flexeran

@MurrayPeters It is a standalone utility that has been built by our services team. We'll be uploading the executable to PLC soon (there's some revisions that it needed). Also, we'll post the instructions alongside the executable and also post  a KB article for it.

rrajendran
By Level 2 Flexeran
Level 2 Flexeran

Utility, Relevant files and Help docs are uploaded into PLC under 2023 R2 Release. You could find as "FNMTPLC" Files & " FNMEA_ThirdPartyLogConverter_v1.0 zip file"

PavanPK
By
Level 2

Hello@vmenon and @flexera team FNMEA team,

All of the components were clearly stated along with their versions here FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications 2021 R1 - Community (flexera.com), but how would I find out about the components for 2023 R2? 
Has it been somewhere and did my incorrect search miss it?

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@PavanPK - the link you referenced lists a set of components that were upgrade in that release (2021 R1). No components have been announced as being upgraded in this release (2023 R2).

PavanPK
By
Level 2

@ChrisG : Thank you for your response, however as far as I can tell, the FNMEA 2023 R2 has been out and available since December 15, 2023, therefore we should be aware components of every release. Hopefully in-place soon😊.