I am pleased to let you know that the August 2020 update (release number 2020 R1.1) of FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud is now deployed in the UAT environment for testing and familiarization. The update will be deployed to the Production environment over the coming days in the following maintenance windows:
- Maintenance window for FlexNet Manager Suite Europe: Production Release 2020 R1.1: Scheduled for Aug 26, 16:00 - 18:00 PDT
- Maintenance window for FlexNet Manager Suite North America: Production Release 2020 R1.1: Scheduled for Sep 9, 18:00 - 20:00 PDT
Here are some highlights of this update.
Three new license reports by enterprise groups
Three new reports on license transactions make it easier to track both purchases and consumption by various enterprise groups, for enterprises that allow (some) decentralized purchasing of software. The reports are alike, except for the different kinds of enterprise groups that they track. They are:
- Licenses Consumed and Purchased by Corporate Unit
- Licenses Consumed and Purchased by Cost Center
- Licenses Consumed and Purchased by Location.
Four new Citrix evidence reports
If your enterprise makes use of either Citrix virtual applications or Citrix Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) or both, four new reports in this release help you manage those kinds of virtualization. They are:
- Citrix Virtual Apps File Evidence
- Citrix Virtual Apps Installer Evidence
- Citrix Virtual Desktops File Evidence
- Citrix Virtual Desktops Installer Evidence.
Shared content folder added to Flexera Analytics
Flexera Analytics provides new avenues of collaboration, as all Flexera Analytics users now have Edit access to a new Shared Content folder (under the Team content folder). Any actions you could do previously within the My content folder, you can now also do within the Shared Content folder.
SAP connections support SNC
As an alternative (and in addition) to SSL and HTTPS support, SAP landscapes support Secure Network Communications (SNC) for systems that use the SAP protocols RFC or DIAG. Now the configuration page in FlexNet Beacon for setting up a connection to an SAP system has been enhanced to support SNC.
Documentation and further information about the update is available on the Flexera Documentation site, including additional details on:
- New and changed features in this update
- Agent change log (including improvements gathering Oracle & Docker inventory)
- Beacon change log
- Resolved issues
We love to hear about your experiences, so let us know how things go with these updates by posting a comment here or in the FlexNet Manager Forum. Of course, the friendly Flexera Support team are also always standing by to take your call in case you have any queries suited for a more personalized discussion.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.