cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For FlexNet Manager Suite versions 2023 R1 or above, SAP integration has been updated to include new dependencies for anyone integrating FlexNet Manager Suite with SAP to centrally monitor and analyze your organization's SAP license usage. Follow the steps below to install the SAP connector libraries.

Download SAP Connector for Microsoft .NET

1. Download SAP Connector for Microsoft .NET 3.0.25.0 for Windows 64bit (compiled with .NET framework 4.0).
  2. Extract and install the MSI file.
    • The MSI file installs various DLL files.
    • The SAP .NET Connector will ask you to specify a location that defaults to C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP_DotNetConnector3_Net40_x64\. This location contains the sapnco.dll and sapnco_utils.dll files unless you choose another path.
  1. Locate the DLL files, then follow the instructions below to copy the files to the product installation paths.

Install the connector on the FlexNet inventory beacon

On any beacons that are integrating with SAP systems:

1. Copy sapnco.dll and sapnco_utils.dll from the SAP Connector installation path to <BeaconInstallationPath>\DotNet\bin.

For example, if you're using the default installation path, copy the files to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\Inventory Beacon\DotNet\bin\sapnco.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\Inventory Beacon\DotNet\bin\sapnco_utils.dll

Install the connector on the FlexNet Manager Suite servers

Follow these steps if you're a FlexNet Manager Suite On Premises customer using the SAP integration.

NOTE: If you’re using a single application server, follow the steps for both the presentation server and batch server.

On the FlexNet Manager Suite presentation server

1. Copy sapnco.dll and sapnco_utils.dll from the SAP Connector installation path to <FNMSInstallPath>\SAP\Portal\bin\.

For example, if you’re using the default installation path, copy the files to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\SAP\Portal\bin\sapnco.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\SAP\Portal\bin\sapnco_utils.dll

On the FlexNet Manager Suite batch server

1. Copy sapnco.dll and sapnco_utils.dll from the SAP Connector installation path to <FNMSInstallPath>\BeaconSvc\bin\ and \DotNet\bin\<FNMSInstallPath>.

For example, if you’re using the default installation path, copy the files to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\BeaconSvc\bin\sapnco.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\BeaconSvc\bin\sapnco_utils.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin\sapnco.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin\sapnco_utils.dll

Was this article helpful? Yes No
100% helpful (2/2)
Comments
Ronny_OO7
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Hello, how does this connector relates to FNMS for SAP? Is this connector also for those customers?

Or is it intended for customers with no such FNMS SAP license?  I don't see any info in the flexNet Manager Suite 2023 R1 Inventory Adapters and Connectors Reference (On-Premises Edition) docs?

Can you please explain, what benefits and limitations are?

Regards

Ronald

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ronny_OO7 - yes, the DLL files discussed here need to be copied to beacons and application server directories as described if you are using the FlexNet Manager for SAP capabilities. This is not needed for FlexNet Manager Suite deployments that do not use the out-of-the-box SAP integration capabilities (either because they do not have a license to use these capabilities, or these capabilities are otherwise not being used).

Here is a reference in the documentation: Installing the SAP Connector Libraries for integration with SAP.

Ronny_OO7
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

@ChrisG Thanks, what are the benefits if we install this? Or is it a new requirement that you must install or FNMS for SAP data is no longer retrieved?

AamerSharif
By Level 9 Flexeran
Level 9 Flexeran

Hi @Ronny_OO7,
We have removed "SAP connector libraries for SAP integration" as SAP recommends not to package within the installer. moving forward Flexera "FlexNet Manager Suite" customers have to download from the SAP website as mentioned above. 
Hope this will help.

Aamer

Ronny_OO7
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Hi Aamer, 

That explains it thanks! 

Ronald

mamccormick
By
Level 2

When trying to download the SAP Connector for Microsoft, it is asking for a login.  I found an option to create a SAP Universal ID, went through the steps. But after signing in and trying again to download the file, it states: 

"You are not authorized to use this application
To download software, you must have the Software Download authorization. To request it, please contact an user administrator in your company."

Is there another way to get this file?
najef_abu_ita
By
Level 2

I have the same issue, no access to download the file. can someone share it?

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@najef_abu_ita - the SAP connector libraries must be downloaded from the SAP website. SAP has not provided rights to republish the libraries on this site, so it would be inappropriate for anybody to share them here.

najef_abu_ita
By
Level 2

Customer downloaded them for me... This is not mentioned the requirement documents. 

tomasont
By
Level 3

When I go to the SAP website mentioned above, a new version has been released, SAP Connector for Microsoft .NET 3.0.26.0 for Windows 64bit (x64).  Has this version been tested?  

najef_abu_ita
By
Level 2

It was unclear for me too what version I should download as non of the available versions where the ones mentioned here.   I chose the version closest to the one mentioned. 

Version history
Last update:
‎Jun 28, 2023 02:05 PM
Updated by: