Windows Server Datacenter - Allocation at Cluster Level..
- ESXi is the Hypervisor
- Windows Server Datacenter is the purchased license(VM's do have Windows STD &DC installed)
- Within the Cluster - there are Hosts with both RedHat and Windows Server OS
- All Clusters/Hosts have enabled vMotion/DRS/High Availability ..
As per Microsoft rules, the Host needs to be licensed before the VM moves from Host to Host.
Note, mixed Clusters - Windows Server VM can move to RedHat Hosts within the Cluster
Solution - Is it Possible?
- License the entire Cluster at the Cluster Level, not at the Host level - as all COREs within the Cluster requires a license...?
- There are Hosts that are empty within the Cluster- which do not consume a license - How can a license be allocated to those empty hosts?
I guess you could try "permanently" allocating all hosts to your DC license.