cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing Maximum concurrent usage - LMTools - Teamcenter

Hello All,

I am using LMTOOLS by Flexera, version 11.16.4.0, and we have some floating licenses on our license file.  I need to understand the maximum concurrent usage of those licenses, and usage trends. I need this information to understand if our license count is sufficient for our total number of users, or if we need to purchase additional licenses. 

In the log file I can see when a user is checking out a license, and checking it back in again, but there's no easy way for me to overlay this information in Excel so that I can see Max usage for license 1 in June = 10, max usage on Tuesday = 6, etc. 

Looking to community here to advise if someone has already overcome this issue, perhaps with an existing tool/script, or some more advanced excel skills/templates , etc.

Appreciate your support in advance, and I hope I posted this in the correct segment! 

Thank you! 

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, you've found the right area of Flexera Community for this question.

Tracking usage trends of floating licenses based on LMTOOLS (aka "FlexNet Publisher") is a key use case targeted by the FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications product from Flexera. A brief datasheet about that product is available here: https://www.flexera.com/media/pdfs/datasheet_fnm-ea.pdf

It would be interesting to hear other stories of how this use case has been handled too if anybody else has something to share!

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Top Kudoed Authors