cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View changes made in reports

Hi all,

Simple question:  I have a customer that has a custom report they use weekly, and someone found there were a bunch of alterations made to the report.  They have asked if it is possible to see any details of who may have made/saved the changes to the report?

Thanks in advance.

(1) Solution
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

If you're talking FNMS on-prem, you might not find out all the changes, but the latest change. The reports are stored in the table "ComplianceSavedSearch" and the columns "ModifiedBy" and "ModificationDate" should tell you who did the latest modification to the report. "SearchName" is the name of the report.

SELECT
	SearchName
	,ModificationDate
	,ModifiedBy
FROM ComplianceSavedSearch

As far as I know, there's no option to set reports to read-only in the WebUI. But if you deployed the report as SQL report (customization), it couldn't be changed from the WebUI.

The FNMS roles & rights model does not seem to help if you want users to be able to create their own reports, "Create, modify or delete" is all one option.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

If you're talking FNMS on-prem, you might not find out all the changes, but the latest change. The reports are stored in the table "ComplianceSavedSearch" and the columns "ModifiedBy" and "ModificationDate" should tell you who did the latest modification to the report. "SearchName" is the name of the report.

SELECT
	SearchName
	,ModificationDate
	,ModifiedBy
FROM ComplianceSavedSearch

As far as I know, there's no option to set reports to read-only in the WebUI. But if you deployed the report as SQL report (customization), it couldn't be changed from the WebUI.

The FNMS roles & rights model does not seem to help if you want users to be able to create their own reports, "Create, modify or delete" is all one option.