cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Recognition

Good-day Folks,

I would like to know the percentage of softwares used in your corporation and that FlexNet is able to identify in the environment through the Flexera source (ARL), not the local one.

Thanks in advance.

(2) Solutions
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

In my experience, the ARL will commonly recognize 80%+ of the total sum of installer evidence "Matches" counts out of the box, and that will be easily raised well over 90-95% with the addition of a relatively small number of additional rules for unrecognized installer evidences with the highest Matches counts.

There is some further discussion broadly related to this topic in the following thread: How well is Flexera ARL coverage doing in 2021 in recognising Non-Windows based applications.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Here is an example for ~250 devices, mostly Windows and Windows Server, nearly no local evidences

• Unrecognized Evicence
    • Installer: 492 (2477 matches)
    • File: 17050 (93185 matches)
  • Discovered Evidence
    • Installer: 1852 (13071 matches)
    • File: 26479 (178702 matches)
  • Ratio
    • Installer: 79% (84% matches)
    • File: 61% (66% matches)

Some things to consider:

1. Depending on the environment, things might be worse, especially if there's more Linux/Unix.
  2. As mentioned, there are a few quick wins to be made when assigning the most used unrecognized evidences.
  3. Ignored evidence was not considered here. One could argue that ignored is kind of discovered, because it reduces uncertainty.

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

In my experience, the ARL will commonly recognize 80%+ of the total sum of installer evidence "Matches" counts out of the box, and that will be easily raised well over 90-95% with the addition of a relatively small number of additional rules for unrecognized installer evidences with the highest Matches counts.

There is some further discussion broadly related to this topic in the following thread: How well is Flexera ARL coverage doing in 2021 in recognising Non-Windows based applications.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Here is an example for ~250 devices, mostly Windows and Windows Server, nearly no local evidences

• Unrecognized Evicence
    • Installer: 492 (2477 matches)
    • File: 17050 (93185 matches)
  • Discovered Evidence
    • Installer: 1852 (13071 matches)
    • File: 26479 (178702 matches)
  • Ratio
    • Installer: 79% (84% matches)
    • File: 61% (66% matches)

Some things to consider:

1. Depending on the environment, things might be worse, especially if there's more Linux/Unix.
  2. As mentioned, there are a few quick wins to be made when assigning the most used unrecognized evidences.
  3. Ignored evidence was not considered here. One could argue that ignored is kind of discovered, because it reduces uncertainty.

Best regards,

Markward