cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation of FNMS-DataExport to ServiceNOW possible?

Dear FNMS ServiceNOW Experts,

we dont have physical connection to serviceNOW awailable at the moment - we are early stages; the FNMS-Licensefeature is enabled.

We are using FNMS 2020r1 on prem.

Is there a manual way to trigger the "FULL ServiceNOW export" so that we can verify the data to go out of FNMS and later into ServiceNOW? - or even a select in SQL would be sufficient.

Like a "dry run" if you like.

there are some lowlevel sql queries but i am a kind of stuck here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin\ServiceNowExport\DataBase\*

Without having the physical connection (user + service now server + token) I could not manage to get any output of FNMS.

Your ideas and hints are much apprechiated - thanks - Steffen

(1) Solution

I now have managed to adopt the out of the box sql statements and you can simply see the data in sql management stuidio.

- contracts

- inventory

the application sql is currently not in a working mode...

greetings

Steffen

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

Hey Steffen,

You can try passing connection parameters through the command line to test your connection see if that helps

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin\ServiceNowExport\fnmp_servicenow_export.exe /?

Usage: fnmp_servicenow_export.exe
Required switches:
-user [string] (ServiceNow user id to authenticate connection)
-token [string] (ServiceNow token to authenticate connection)
-url [string] (URL to ServiceNow instance)
-endpoint [string] (ServiceNow endpoint to export data to)
Optional switches:
-connectionTest true (Check connection with ServiceNow)
-withApplications false (Exclude Applications from export)
-withContracts false (Exclude Contracts from export)
-withHardwareInventory false (Exclude HardwareInventory from export)
-changes true (Only send changes since last export)
-changesSince YYYY-MM-DD (Only send changes since date) 
-changesPeriod (Only send changes since number of days in period)

thanks Aamer for your hint,

unfortunatly I do NOT have any connection (no user, no Token etc...) like i originally described - so I am more looking for some kond of "offline mode" here to generate a ServiceNOW export without any ServiceNOW connection...or at least generate some view onto the data which would be exported if there would be a connection.

greetings

Steffen

Hello Steffen
The ServiceNow_Inventory and ServicNow_Application, are the tables where data is staged.
I don't think it's possible to do an export using the executable, it has required switches (user + service now instance + token).
You could attempt to create the table from above by directly manipulating the SQL script for Inventory.
Uncomment something like the following:
MicrosoftTeams-image.png
Then Qeury table ServiceNow_Inventory:
SELECT * FROM serviceNow_inventory

@AamerSharif  do you have any further insight into how with no connection to a SNow instance the adapter could pipe to a file or staging tables? 
Thanks
James 

Thanks James,

that was exactly how far I got before I got s5tuck stuck...the query is runing into errors I dont have them at hand right now

thanks

Steffen

I now have managed to adopt the out of the box sql statements and you can simply see the data in sql management stuidio.

- contracts

- inventory

the application sql is currently not in a working mode...

greetings

Steffen