cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWIDTAG files for application recognition

Hello, I would like to know if you have plans to use more SWIDTAG file information for application recognition in FNMS? With FNMS 2018 R1 the application recognition for Adobe Acrobat DC via FlexNet Inventory was extended to determine the edition. As far as I can see it is using the serial number element from the SWIDTAG file for this purpose now. Do you have plans to use inside FNMS further information from Adobe's SWIDTAG files like the license activation status and type? This would help to get a better understanding of the installed Adobe products and has also effects on how to license them. Also, newer SCCM versions are able to provide with active “Asset Intelligence” reports of the 7 mandatory tags from SWIDTAG files. Is an extension of the SCCM reader interface planned to use this data?
(1) Solution
Natalie
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi @alexander_frit ,

The challenge with using Adobe SWIDTAG files has always been that they do not properly get cleaned up after uninstall, which has caused false positives for recognition.

That said, our most recent Adobe efforts have been focused on resolving the curve ball Adobe sent us in May: Adobe Creative Cloud Licensing change effective May 8th, and how FNMS ARL handles it going forward 

We would welcome your suggested enhancements in this area via Flexera Support so that we can prioritize enhancing our support for key publishers like Adobe.

Best,

Natalie

Natalie Overstreet Lias
Senior Product Manager
I don’t speak for Flexera, and we should all be grateful for that

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
Natalie
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi @alexander_frit ,

The challenge with using Adobe SWIDTAG files has always been that they do not properly get cleaned up after uninstall, which has caused false positives for recognition.

That said, our most recent Adobe efforts have been focused on resolving the curve ball Adobe sent us in May: Adobe Creative Cloud Licensing change effective May 8th, and how FNMS ARL handles it going forward 

We would welcome your suggested enhancements in this area via Flexera Support so that we can prioritize enhancing our support for key publishers like Adobe.

Best,

Natalie

Natalie Overstreet Lias
Senior Product Manager
I don’t speak for Flexera, and we should all be grateful for that