cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report showing license consumption by corporate unit

hi

how can i show the consumption of a license or all licenses by corporate units (meaning the corporate unit value in the assets)

kr Lambert

(5) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

That sounds like something Flexera Professional Services or an external consultant would be able to create with you.

Best regards,

Markward

hi Franz
thank you... so this is not possible with reports? 😞

situation is... we assigned Corp Units to discovered assets.... and now we want to show, which corp unit consumes how many licenses?

Hi,

I guess you can come up one or more reports presenting the base data. But you won't be able to do any calculations, like summing costs up per asset. You could export the results to excel and then work from there.

I don't know your exact use case, but there might be costs that need to be distributed, like host licenses broken down per VM?

Best regards,

Markward

@lambert - If you open up the license and go to the Group Assignment tab, at the top of the page you can assign entitlements based on Corporate Unit.  At the bottom of the page, you can then see License Consumption by Corporate Unit (or by Location or Cost Center).

As indicated by @mfranz a report is not available to generate this view across all of your licenses, but you can see this data at the license level.

hi 
thank you. Yes i already knew that functionality.. my question was really regarding a "compliance" (or license) report based on corporate units.
so the desired report should show something like

corporate unit  >     license name  >   # consumption of licenses (this unit)   >      # available licenses (this unit)        # compliance (this unit)