cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Oracle licenses created using SKU

Hello Team,
It has been identified that, FNMS SLM team have created few Oracle licenses using SKUs. Hence in the license configuration for these Oracle licenses, applications are not being mapped.

Questions:
1. If license is created using SKU, application will be blank on license configuration ?
2. Do we still need to find respective applications to map it to corresponding oracle license for getting  license consumption report?
3 without application to license mapping, with SKU, will we be able to get license consumption report?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Sachin MS

(3) Replies

Hi Team
Can anyone please provide an update on this, thanks.

Kind Regards,
Sachin MS

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

1. If license is created using SKU, application will be blank on license configuration ?

Normally licenses created from a SKU would be linked to at least one application. But I can imagine there may be some SKUs where there is no related or relevant application to be linked, so there may be no linkage automatically created.

2. Do we still need to find respective applications to map it to corresponding oracle license for getting  license consumption report?

That depends on that nature of the license in question, and how consumption is calculated. If consumption is to be calculated based on recognized installations then the license would need to be linked to a relevant application. But if consumption is determined some other way then an application link may not be relevant.

3 without application to license mapping, with SKU, will we be able to get license consumption report?

That depends on how consumption needs to be calculated for the particular software you are working with. As one example to illustrate, if you are working with a license that is modelled with a "custom metric" type then consumption would need to be entered manually.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks much for response @ChrisG . It is very helpful.

Will come back to you if required.