cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle NUP Licensing

An observation and question as I am looking at our Oracle environment and working to optimize the licensing.  I notice that when I am working with the NUP metric license view the license role (example:  PROD, DEV, TEST, etc.) is not available for this metric.  I am assuming it is because typically a NUP consumes non-production licensing, however, this is not necessarily the case for us.  I am now having to dump this consumption info into a spreadsheet and run vlookups from active inventory to determine what role each of the VMs plays.  

I assume this would be an enhancement?  It may not see logical to have the field available, but it really is for us.

Shelby

(1) Reply

Hi. It may be worthwhile to check your Oracle License Agreement, but to my recollection, Oracle does not grant any license exemptions, based on servers' business environment/role. Unless you are licensing under an Oracle Technology Network (OTN) license, all your servers where the software is "installed and/or running" (to use Oracle's terminology) need to be licensed, regardless of the environment/role.