cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing old entries of servers in Flexera

Hello Team,
Can we set the old entries as 'Ignored' status from 'Active'. There are some CIs/servers, they are not reporting to  Flexera Dashboard from long time. These servers are having old scan date.
Is there a possibility to add a comment in Flexera (at device level) with the justification why these were set on ignored?

Kind Regards,
Sachin MS

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, you can set the status of an inventory device to "Ignored" by editing the inventory device properties as long as the inventory device is not linked to an asset. If the inventory device is linked to an asset record then the inventory device status is set based on the asset status: an asset status of "Disposed" or "Retired" will set the linked inventory device status to "Ignored".

Inventory device records do not have any built-in property where you can record ad hoc comments (such as a reason why it is ignored). However you might consider adding a custom property where that kind of information can be noted.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hello Team,
Can anyone please provide an update on this?

Kind Regards,
Sachin MS

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, you can set the status of an inventory device to "Ignored" by editing the inventory device properties as long as the inventory device is not linked to an asset. If the inventory device is linked to an asset record then the inventory device status is set based on the asset status: an asset status of "Disposed" or "Retired" will set the linked inventory device status to "Ignored".

Inventory device records do not have any built-in property where you can record ad hoc comments (such as a reason why it is ignored). However you might consider adding a custom property where that kind of information can be noted.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)