cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory import fails after FNMS 2019 R1 upgrade

Hi,

I've upgraded from 2017 R3 to 2019 R1 successfully, however now I cannot import any inventory from all my sources. Just wondering if anybody came across this, the database migration was successful without any issues.

Getting this error on all sources:

Failed to import inventory devices with error message 'Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.'

System.InvalidOperationException: The given ColumnMapping does not match up with any column in the source or destination.

Thanks. 

Pardon

(13) Replies

Asking the obvious: Have all databases been migrated to FNMS 2019 R1 without any errors?

Could you share the 'ComplianceReader.log' file from your FNMS Batch server, please?

Thanks for the response elindermann, I cannot find that specific log file.

See the picture attached of the logs in my compliancereader folder.

Oh and yes the Database migrations were successful without error. 

It does sound like the migration has not been fully completed for all databases.  Could you run the following commands to check that the version is now up to 2019 R1.  It should return 13.2 for each (you may need to change the DB names to match yours):

USE FNMSCompliance
select * from DatabaseConfiguration where Property='CMSchemaVersion'

USE FNMSInventory
select * from DatabaseConfiguration where Property='SchemaVersion'

USE FNMSDataWarehouse
select * from DatabaseConfiguration where Property='DWSchemaVersion'

- Murray

Hi Murray,

Thanks for your feedback, you're spot on seems like the DW didn't migrate successfully still on 12.3. I didn't get any errors though when migrating, see logs attached.

Do I just attempt to migrate the DB again? is that the right approach...

Many thanks

- Pardon

Yes, giving it a 2nd try shouldn't hurt. Just to make sure: Please double check if your script did target the right DB. The log says it's on 13.2 already and did not run the steps from 12.3 all the way up to 13.2.

Thanks for the response Mfranz,

I see what you mean, possibly targeted the wrong DB, I'll check again. Thanks for the input.

- Pardon 

Hi Pardon,

Sorry for being not very precise. The wording should have been "Please provide the latest log file from the "ComplianceReader" LOG folder ....

No problem Elindemann,

I have attached the log file, also migrated the FNMS DW DB to 13.2 however I still get the same error.

Kind regards,

Pardon 

Hi Pardon,

From what I can see in the Writer (2019 R1), there is only one persistent table being updated: Cluster.

Could you please check the Cluster table in your DB and compare the attributes to what is stated in the Schema Reference document? If they differ, your DB wasn't fully updated.

Best regards,

Markward

Hi Markward,

I have confirmed the attributes they match with the one on the schema reference:

USE [FNMSCompliance]
GO

SELECT [ClusterID]
,[ParentClusterID]
,[ExternalName]
,[Name]
,[Namespace]
,[ClusterTypeID]
,[ComplianceComputerInventorySourceTypeID]
,[InventoryDate]
,[UpdatedUser]
,[UpdatedDate]
,[CreationUser]
,[CreationDate]
,[InventoryAgent]
,[DRS]
,[DPM]
,[TenantID]
FROM [dbo].[Cluster_MT]
GO

I'm almost reaching a dead end, don't know what else to look at, I've attached the Cluster.xml file in my writer folder perhaps you can compare with what you guys have.

Kind regards,

Pardon 

@mfranz wrote:

Hi Pardon,

From what I can see in the Writer (2019 R1), there is only one persistent table being updated: Cluster.

Could you please check the Cluster table in your DB and compare the attributes to what is stated in the Schema Reference document? If they differ, your DB wasn't fully updated.

Best regards,

Markward

@mfranz wrote:

Hi Pardon,

Best regards,

Markward

@mfranz wrote:

Hi Pardon,

Best regards,

Markward

Hi Pardon,

The file seems to be alright. It is exactly matching what I have in my 2019 R1 test environment.

You could try to run the SQL statements from the Writer manually and try to find the exact reason why it fails. This can be quite a lot of work, because you may have to run preceding statements first. In this case it seems to be rather straight forward.

Bes regards,

Markward

Hi Markward,

Thanks for the feedback, i'll try that thanks.

Kind regards,

Pardon