cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Import not happening after Server migration and Upgrade to 2019 R2

Hi All,

We have a multi Tenant environment and recently migrated our all the servers(batch,invnetory,Db & Web)  to new servers. After Migration we have upgraded the application to 2019R2(from 2019R1.3).

After upgrade, inventory import(also reconciliation) which happens overnight is not starting for any tenants. due to which the devices and its inventory information are not getting updated. Task scheduler jobs on the batch server is getting failed with error 0x2. tried checking on batchprocessor and scheduler logs with no luck.

i could see almost 2000+ queued jobs(mostly precalc) jobs listing when i enter the command batchprocesstask console lis-tasks (which is of old date).

Kindly suggest where to check and how to fix this issue.

Thank you in Advance.

Sasi

(2) Solutions
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Sasi,

If you moved to a new server, have you checked the "BatchProcessor" table?

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

Could it be that some old tasks "clog" your Batch Scheduler/Processor?

View solution in original post

(10) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Sasi,

If you moved to a new server, have you checked the "BatchProcessor" table?

Best regards,

Markward

Hi  @mfranz ,

Yes we have updated server name on the batchprocessor table and the compliancesetting table.  But still the issue persist.

Thank you

Sasi

Could it be that some old tasks "clog" your Batch Scheduler/Processor?

Hi @mfranz 

is there any best practices to remove the queued jobs safely without impacting other data?

Thank you

Sasi

Hi @sasikumar_r 

Did you check if flexera services are running, usually when the batchprocessor service is stopped then you will have the queue full.

Hi @mfranz,

Yes the old task is the culprit, failed them using fail-tasks command and now the new jobs are getting processed successfully.

@adrian_ritz1 - Thank you for the document, it is very helpful.

also as i mentioned on my original posts the jobs on the task scheduler are getting failed still now with error 0x2.. configured account has full admin privilege on the server. attached is the screenshot.

Thank you 

Sasi

Hi Sasi,

Does the "History" tab hold any details about the error?

Best regards,

Markward

Hi @mfranz,

No errors logged on the history of the tasks, just have task started,action started,action completed & task completed entries.

Thank you

Sasi 

Hi Sasi,

Can you run one of the actions from these tasks manually from the console?

Best regards,

Markward