cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Agent cannot find applications installed from Microsoft Store

Hi,

We have a problem where Flexera cannot find applications installed from Microsoft Store.
We have seen that if you install PowerBI from norrmal installation files, the agent finds it but if you install PowerBI from Microsoft Store, the agent does not find it.

I guess it could be that the installer file installs it in Program Files and Microsoft Store installs it in the users profle.

The question then is, is this by design or can we add paths to the inventory agent so it can search the profiles as well?

(1) Solution
rmiller1
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi Anders,

Yes, you can modify the existing definitions in the Application Recognition Library (ARL) - Look in the "All Applications" view and for Unrecognised Evidence too.

Any changes made to existing definitions will be marked as "Flexera (Extended)" in the source.

I'd suggest testing in your UAT environment first, validating the results and then moving to Prod. You can also let Flexera Support know if you believe there is a problem with the definition and we will endevour to correct it as soon as possible.

HTH 

R.Miller

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
rmiller1
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi Anders,

Yes, you can modify the existing definitions in the Application Recognition Library (ARL) - Look in the "All Applications" view and for Unrecognised Evidence too.

Any changes made to existing definitions will be marked as "Flexera (Extended)" in the source.

I'd suggest testing in your UAT environment first, validating the results and then moving to Prod. You can also let Flexera Support know if you believe there is a problem with the definition and we will endevour to correct it as soon as possible.

HTH 

R.Miller

Thanks, much appreciated, found it and will take a look. There where many application and Power BI entries! 🙂