cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to scan Azure servers

Hi,

we need to scan some Azure servers to take the inventory with zero footprint inventory strategy, so I was wondering if we need to access still on port 22 as we usually do with client's local servers or if there are other strategies to apply.

I'm asking this since some time ago I saw somewhere an Azure manager connection configuration but I can't remember where I saw it.

Thanks for the support!

(11) Replies

I am assuming servers running in Azure Cloud are of OS type Linux (you mentioned port 22 ssh). 

If you are using inventory beacon to collect inventory using zero footprint, Yes, you need ssh port 22 to access remote server running Linux OS. Remotely connections to linux device need ssh access.

If inventory beacon is not in use, you are thinking to use other mechanism to execute standalone ndtrack.sh locally on those severs using shell script or crone job. in that case, you need access to port 22 as executable is still getting excuted locally. 

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Aamer

thank you all, the problem is that with this approach a field about virtualization is remaining empty and this is vital to correctly calculate licenses.

@marcog 

Please could you provide a bit more detail, i.e. exactly which field is missing when using zero footprint and ndtrack manually on the Azure based Linux servers?

Thanks,

VM Type of Oracle Linux Servers, I'm anyway realizing this morning that this detail is missing also on on-premise servers

Can you please share the FNMS and inventory agent version in use?

Sure, where I can see that?
If you mean the ndtrack version we use for normal inventory I have 2019R2 and also 2020R1 (beacause the first one was carrying a bug)

Hi,

Inventory device type "recognition" can work with inventory attributes (like model and manufacturer), but in some cases, virtual infrastructure data is needed to have FNMS make that decission. As you're talking about Azure, did you implement the Azure adapter to import your "Cloud Service Provider Inventory"?

Best regards,

Markward

Thanks for the reply,

where I can find Azure adapters documentation to configure it correctly?

have any example of that? Thanks

Hi,

There's plenty information in the online help https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2020R1/EN/WebHelp/index.html#tasks/IB-ConnectAzure.html

Best regards,

Markward

Thanks, but is this something that we need to do in addition to the singles target inventory? In a similar way done with vmware virtual machines?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, the Azure instrastucture data is a bit like what you would get from a vCenter. The difference is that you won't get a specific host machine, but it should help tag those machines as virtual.

Best regards,

Markward