cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS API - How to filter?

Dear Team,

Using the Compliance API I noticed functions like GetCustomViewWithFormattedFilterString  and GetCustomViewWithSingleFilter. I need these to retrieve a filtered version of my custom view. However, when I call these functions I keep getting confronted with "doesn't exist as a filter column in the custom view". I don't know what to specify here. 

For example, from the GetCustomView operation I can succesfully get the unfiltered output, structured like so (excerpt):

<xs:element name="R2_51a71253efbabf8e3d6d91e83e042599_InstallationToApplication_UsageActiveTime" msdata:Caption="Application &gt; Usage active time (hours)" type="xs:int" minOccurs="0" />
<xs:element name="R2_51a71253efbabf8e3d6d91e83e042599_InstallationToApplication_UsagePeriod" msdata:Caption="Application &gt; Usage period (months)" type="xs:int" minOccurs="0" />
<xs:element name="R2_5132ea92c263fdba5ec93940f2e3862c_InstallationToComputer_ComputerID" msdata:Caption="Inventory device &gt; Inventory device ID" type="xs:int" minOccurs="0" />

I expect that if I want to filter for a specific Computer ID - I can do the following:

<x:Envelope
xmlns:x="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:tem="http://tempuri.org/">
<x:Header/>
<x:Body>
<tem:GetCustomViewWithMultipleFilters>
<tem:customViewID>366</tem:customViewID>
<tem:searchString></tem:searchString>
<tem:filterList>
<tem:CustomViewFilter>
<tem:FilterName>R2_5132ea92c263fdba5ec93940f2e3862c_InstallationToComputer_ComputerID</tem:FilterName>
<tem:FilterValue>1092</tem:FilterValue>
</tem:CustomViewFilter>
</tem:filterList>
<tem:rowLimit>100</tem:rowLimit>
<tem:tenantUID></tem:tenantUID>
</tem:GetCustomViewWithMultipleFilters>
</x:Body>
</x:Envelope>

However, when I call this operation - I always get the following feedback:

<faultstring>Server was unable to process request. ---&gt; Filter: 'R2_5132ea92c263fdba5ec93940f2e3862c_InstallationToComputer_ComputerID' doesn't exist as a filter column in the custom view (ID: 366)</faultstring>

What should I specify as the Filter Name if I want to filter a field? Checked also the Custom View definition - but I dont know if there's anything else I need to do to enable this. Your expert insight is very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Cheers, Christian

(1) Reply

Was there any resolution to this answer Christian? We're trying to do the same thing and can't figure out what it wants for the Filter Name.