Did you mean: 

FNMS 2023R1 Agent enhancements

Ronny_OO7
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Dear Flexera,

I noticed in the agent release info:

Oracle re-verification for database and middleware

The FlexNet inventory agent has been updated to collect additional data required for Oracle database and Fusion Middleware compliance.

What is changed? Where and what kind of information is extra collected? What is the impact?

Also I would like to know more details around:

Performance and quality issues with ndtrack file scans have been addressed

Previously, the agent's ndtrack file scanning functionality was prone to poor performance when machines had a significant number of ndtrack files. This release has made performance improvements to this functionality.

Regards

Ronald

(3) Replies
Ronny_OO7
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

@jborchers  can you please help clarify?

Hi Ronald,
Inventory agent is extended to collect OBI process, details of specifc OBI files and default exclusion of files  from specific file paths to reduce the amounct of data collection and processing suggest by Oracle. Exclusion of paths will help to improve scanning.

There are more changes made to improve the OFMW data collection/scanning to improve the scanning time, those changes will be availble part of the August Flexera One ITAM (cloud) update and subsequently will be available part of FNMS 2023 R2 release for on-prem customers. Ping me, if you like to discuss this further.

Thanks
Aamer

Hi Aamer,

Thanks for your answer and explenation. This is helpfull, will discuss further next time when I speak to you.

Regards

Ronald