cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evidence Rules

How can we correlate Installer Evidence (of various Types) into specific evidence found on the Inventory device? File evidence shows specific filenames but Installer evidence is unspecific. 

(4) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

I guess you'll have to do some SQL magic. Here is an example:

SELECT DISTINCT TOP 1000
	cc.ComputerName
	,imie.*
FROM ComplianceComputer cc
JOIN InstalledInstallerEvidence inie
	ON cc.ComplianceComputerID = inie.ComplianceComputerID
JOIN ImportedInstallerEvidenceMapping iiem
	ON inie.InstallerEvidenceID = iiem.InstallerEvidenceID
JOIN ImportedInstallerEvidence imie
	ON iiem.ExternalInstallerID = imie.ExternalInstallerID
		AND iiem.ComplianceConnectionID = imie.ComplianceConnectionID
JOIN ImportedInstalledInstallerEvidence iiie
	ON imie.ExternalInstallerID = iiie.ExternalInstallerEvidenceID
		AND imie.ComplianceConnectionID = iiie.ComplianceConnectionID
JOIN ComplianceComputerConnection ccc
	ON iiie.ExternalComputerID = ccc.ExternalID
		AND iiie.ComplianceConnectionID = ccc.ComplianceConnectionID
		AND cc.ComplianceComputerID = ccc.ComplianceComputerID

Depending on what you want to see, you'll want to report on the InstallerEvidence as well or maybe add the SoftwareTitle to see the application.

Best regards,

Markward

Thank you for your quick reply to this query. We shall see if your suggested solution will work for us.

Best Regards,

Jeff

If you are using FlexNet Cloud then there is a recently released feature to view raw evidence details on inventory device records which may help to give insight here. See:

If you are using FlexNet On-premises then a SQL query against the compliance database as @mfranz has described is a helpful approach.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Updates that can be applied to FlexNet On-premises 2018 R1 to 2019 R1 systems to show additional evidence information have now been published by Flexera. See Ever question why a software installation in FNMS is showing up?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)