cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does FNMS Agents collect information on local groups and users?

Hello everyone,

Do you know if the Agents collects local device Users and Groups?

I have a customer that would love to have that information, including, the ability to check if an user is member of what group.

I checked on the Database Schematics and could not find any table that would contain that data.

Any Ideas? Thanks!

(1) Solution

Hi Leonardo,

Information on local device users and groups is not being collected by the Flexera agent.

For the Windows platform, you could deploy a custom inventory script that is being run by the Flexera agent and collects this information. Unfortunately, the Flexera agent supports the dated VBS scripting language only.

The additional information can be uploaded with the NDI file and additional customization would be required in the FNMS Readers and Writers for displaying this information on some custom fields on the Inventory object in FNMS.

The information about Active Directory (AD) users and AD groups will be exported when using the standard AD interface in FNMS. However, this information is written to the [FNMSInventory] database only. You will need a Business Adapter for importing this information from the [FNMSInventory] database into the [FNMSCompliance] database.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hi Leonardo,

Information on local device users and groups is not being collected by the Flexera agent.

For the Windows platform, you could deploy a custom inventory script that is being run by the Flexera agent and collects this information. Unfortunately, the Flexera agent supports the dated VBS scripting language only.

The additional information can be uploaded with the NDI file and additional customization would be required in the FNMS Readers and Writers for displaying this information on some custom fields on the Inventory object in FNMS.

The information about Active Directory (AD) users and AD groups will be exported when using the standard AD interface in FNMS. However, this information is written to the [FNMSInventory] database only. You will need a Business Adapter for importing this information from the [FNMSInventory] database into the [FNMSCompliance] database.

Thanks a lot for this. I do have VBScripts that can look into that data.