cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Projections

Hi,
Is it possible to extrapolate forward , by a date range and produce approx pricing for ongoing license fees ?
Could I also do this for a smaller hardware configuration ? Thanks
(1) Solution
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

This would be possible to some extent. Some considerations:

• Obviously, one would start with the historical data and try to find out the latest cost, assuming that most recent data is most accurate.
  • While is would be quite straight forward with subscriptions, I'm not sure how to treat perpetual licenses. Probably assume am average usage period.
  • Maintenance costs need to be considered as well. Maybe deployment and operation can be incorporated. Perhaps, integrate a calculative price factor for market price increase or as a general risk factor?
  • This could be calculated per license for a specific timeframe (e.g. per month or quarter), maybe stored in a custom field and updated regularly.
  • From there one could create publisher-specific reports or reports on a specific set of devices or for a business unit/location/cost center.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

This would be possible to some extent. Some considerations:

• Obviously, one would start with the historical data and try to find out the latest cost, assuming that most recent data is most accurate.
  • While is would be quite straight forward with subscriptions, I'm not sure how to treat perpetual licenses. Probably assume am average usage period.
  • Maintenance costs need to be considered as well. Maybe deployment and operation can be incorporated. Perhaps, integrate a calculative price factor for market price increase or as a general risk factor?
  • This could be calculated per license for a specific timeframe (e.g. per month or quarter), maybe stored in a custom field and updated regularly.
  • From there one could create publisher-specific reports or reports on a specific set of devices or for a business unit/location/cost center.