cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can FNMS recognize which Oracle DB instance is under RAC?

Hi Everyone,

From the FNMS inventory perspective, can FNMS recognize which Oracle DB instance is under RAC(Real Application Cluster) or just a single instance?
If yes, where can we differentiate it in the FNMS WebUI?

Much appreciated if anyone can shed some light on this question as I have a customer who is looking for this feature.

Regards,

Kano Sawasaki

(1) Solution

@Sawasaki 

Oracle RAC was specifically listed in the screen shots when the Oracle Transparency feature was introduced, please refer to Introduction of Oracle Transparency with FlexNet Manager Suite 2020 R1 

However, I know from other community threads (you've probably seen them too before creating this thread) that there has been some challenges collecting RAC information specifically, so please make sure to use the latest available version of the FlexNet inventory agent.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

@Sawasaki 

Oracle RAC was specifically listed in the screen shots when the Oracle Transparency feature was introduced, please refer to Introduction of Oracle Transparency with FlexNet Manager Suite 2020 R1 

However, I know from other community threads (you've probably seen them too before creating this thread) that there has been some challenges collecting RAC information specifically, so please make sure to use the latest available version of the FlexNet inventory agent.

Thanks,

Hi John,

Thank you for your useful information and sorry my reply is late. 

I will check our customer's Oracle Transparency function.

(Actually I confirmed my customer doesn't use RAC so far, so he asks me it as a general question. But your information is very helpful for me.  I appreciate it. Thank you again 🙂 )

Regards,

Kano Sawasaki