cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Adaptor - Can one be built through the Web GUI?

Hi

Is there a mechanism for building a business adpator through the web GUI? Looking for a way to update the Role field on a number of Inventoried devices, but as i am not a technical user of the solution i don't know how nor have access to build a business adapter using the back end of the service.

(3) Replies

Hi @MyhreC ,

As of now there is no such feature to build a business adaptor using Web GUI as per my understanding, and we may have to use the standard practice for doing that. May be if you are trying to update only the Role of the Device as a GUI user you can do it manually and Please refer to the KB article on this

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-perform-a-bulk-update-of-the-Device-Role-field-in-FNMS/ta-p/5491

Hope this helps.

Regards,

winvarma

Hi winvarma

This KB calls for a Business Adapter to be built, the exact thing i was hoping to be able to do through the GUI as getting one built requires a skill and access level beyond what i have. Would be a very useful function to have so that end users can self service when doing ad hoc bulk changes to existing data sets.

Hi @MyhreC ,

Agree with your suggestion/proposal and yes definitely that will be a good option, may be Flexera should check the Pro's and con's and the feasibility in getting this feature to web UI and i would be eager to try this if there is an option as well as it will ease the tasks for an administrator.

Regards,