cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Recognition fault

Hello Team,

It has been observed that Flexera is discovering two versions of Oracle Database Extreme Performance Edition. Upon further analysis, we know that this is not the edition installed because we used two official Oracle data sources (LMS Scripts and OCI outputs). The correct Edition should be Oracle Database Enterprise Edition.

It seems to be an issue with the ARL library for Oracle Publisher.

Kindly let us know how to troubleshoot further.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

What you're seeing here might also arise from the inventory data that has been gathered - unless you have more information that noted above, I wouldn't necessarily assume just yet that it is an with the ARL library. If you are using default ARL recognition rules, all the Enterprise Extreme Performance edition applications will only be recognized as installed if the evidence gathered from the Oracle Database instance explicitly identifies that edition.

You might get additional insight into what data is being gathered, and how it is treated by the ARL recognition rules, by looking at the following things:

• The raw evidence details on the "Evidence" tab shown when viewing the inventory device details in the web UI
  • The tracker.log from the inventory gathering process
  • The inventory NDI files generated by the inventory gathering process
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)