cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After I have map a feature to an added product, only show usage since the product created ?

Hi :

We want to test the FlexNet Manager by just adding a product and map a feature to it. Then, we run the Cognos reporting the next day.  We found out that we only can see the usage for 1 day (since the product is created). Since the feature is mapped to that product, could we be able to see all the previous usage of that product ?

Thanks,

CK

(1) Solution

It is not obvious where to go to manually import Report Logs, I agree.

1) Gather the Report Logs, and place them into a common folder.

2) Within FNMEA, navigate to Reporting->Report Log Summary.  This shows a list of Report Logs already imported.  In the upper right, there is a control named "Import Report Log". 

3) Click on the Browse button and navigate to the folder where the report logs that you want to import are.  Select one of the Report Logs and then click on the Import button.

4) Repeat step 3 as needed, since you can only import 1 Report Log at a time.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

If you have saved copies of your Report Logs, you can try to manually re-import them into FNMEA to get the past usage for the new Product that you have created.

But you are correct, when you create a Product/Feature mapping this is applied only for new report log data that is imported once the product is created.

Hi kclausen:

Thank you for the reply.  My company do have report logs saved up. So, I should ask my license support team to re-import the report log to FNMEA.   Do you know if there are instruction for that in the manual ? or there are simple steps on doing them so I can convey to them ?

Thanks,

CK

It is not obvious where to go to manually import Report Logs, I agree.

1) Gather the Report Logs, and place them into a common folder.

2) Within FNMEA, navigate to Reporting->Report Log Summary.  This shows a list of Report Logs already imported.  In the upper right, there is a control named "Import Report Log". 

3) Click on the Browse button and navigate to the folder where the report logs that you want to import are.  Select one of the Report Logs and then click on the Import button.

4) Repeat step 3 as needed, since you can only import 1 Report Log at a time.