- Flexera Community
- FlexNet Manager
- FlexNet Manager Forum
- Re: ARL import fails
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
ARL import fails
I'm working with a client that has a proxy bridging his FNMS server to the internet. This is causing the scheduled task for ARL import to fail. He is able to import the ARL by hand. Is there a way to configure the BatchProcessTask.exe run ARLDownload command underlying the Recognition Data Import task to use a proxy?
This thread has been automatically locked due to inactivity.
To continue the discussion, please start a new thread.
I guess it can be achieved by configuring:
1) ProxyServer registry value under [HKEY_USERS\<service user account>\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings] key, where the <service user account> is the one that the "Recognition Data Import" task in Task Scheduler runs under
2) ProxyServer registry value (might need to be added) under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Compliance\CurrentVersion] on the Batch/Processing server
Assuming that the proxy server does not require authentication, try running something like the following to configure the proxy server used for ARL downloads:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin\MgsImportRecognition.exe" -ps http://webproxy.local:8080/
The following KB article may be useful for you to review too: Configure ARL import to use proxy server without using Internet Explorer settings
Alternatively, configure the network so that the FlexNet batch server can access the following URLs without the requirement to go through a web proxy (as suggested in the "Populate the Downloadable Libraries" section of the Installing FlexNet Manager Suite On-Premises guide):
- For the ARL: https://www.managesoft.com/support/Compliance/RecognitionAfter82.cab
- For the EOSL library: https://www.managesoft.com/support/Compliance/EOSL.cab
- For the SKU library: https://www.managesoft.com/support/Compliance/PURL.cab
- For the PURLs: https://update.managesoft.com:443/ProductUseRights, including access to any subdirectories of this that may be returned to your server in response to its initial request.
Thanks for the information how to set the proxy. It was very helpful.
I have updated a single-tenant environment to FNMS 2019 R2. After a few
days I notied that the ARL import failed. The download was not working.
I have not check the download with MgsImportRecognition.exe after
the update and have not checked the reg key before I updated the system.
Perhaps the update delete the setting, but I'm not sure.
Anyway now the proxy was set and the downloading is working again.