cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARL import fails

Hi

I'm working with a client that has a proxy bridging his FNMS server to the internet. This is causing the scheduled task for ARL import to fail. He is able to import the ARL by hand. Is there a way to configure the  BatchProcessTask.exe run ARLDownload command underlying the Recognition Data Import task to use a proxy? 

(4) Replies

I guess it can be achieved by configuring:

1) ProxyServer registry value under [HKEY_USERS\<service user account>\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings] key, where the <service user account> is the one that the "Recognition Data Import" task in Task Scheduler runs under

2) ProxyServer registry value (might need to be added) under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Compliance\CurrentVersion] on the Batch/Processing server

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Assuming that the proxy server does not require authentication, try running something like the following to configure the proxy server used for ARL downloads:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin\MgsImportRecognition.exe" -ps http://webproxy.local:8080/ 

The following KB article may be useful for you to review too: Configure ARL import to use proxy server without using Internet Explorer settings

Alternatively, configure the network so that the FlexNet batch server can access the following URLs without the requirement to go through a web proxy (as suggested in the "Populate the Downloadable Libraries" section of the Installing FlexNet Manager Suite On-Premises guide):

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@ChrisG 
Thanks for the information how to set the proxy. It was very helpful.
I have updated a single-tenant environment to FNMS 2019 R2. After a few
days I notied that the ARL import failed. The download was not working.

I have not check the download with MgsImportRecognition.exe after
the update and have not checked the reg key before I updated the system.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Compliance\CurrentVersion\Recognition

Perhaps the update delete the setting, but I'm not sure.
Anyway now the proxy was set and the downloading is working again.

I have the same problem.