The Application Recognition Library (ARL), as used by FlexNet Manager, has been updated. The updated version for the ARL is #2443.
The Service Life Data Pack has been updated to version #292.
What's new in this release
Changes to note:
- 110 applications have been added with lifecycle dates.
- Adobe Dimensions has been updated to Adobe Dimension as per vendor literature.
- Few applications of Dell EMC have been moved under Dell and RSA Security publishers.
- Websphere MQ (Unknown Component) apps have been cleaned w.r.t their associated evidence.
- Below products have been updated according to their re-branding
- IBM Enterprise Planning TM1 Modeler to IBM Cognos Performance Management Modeler
- IBM Enterprise Planning TM1 Contributor to IBM Cognos Performance Management User
- IBM Platform Application Center to Spectrum LSF Application Center
- IBM Platform LSF to IBM Spectrum LSF
- 26 tier 3 publisher applications have been updated to their current acquirer.
|Old publisher||Current publisher|
|Cyco Software||BlueCielo ECM Solutions|
|Dallas Semiconductor||Maxim Integrated Products|
|Haestad Methods||Bentley Systems|
|Reed Business Information||RELX Group|
|Spirian Technologies||Kratos Defense & Security Solutions|
|St. Croix Systems||Accruent|
|Pratt & Whitney Canada||United Technologies|
|PSION Teklogix||Zebra Technologies|
|BINK Software||DGMR Software|
|Xelus||Huron Consulting Group|
|Research Information Systems||Thomson Reuters|
|American Reprographics Company||ARC Document Solutions|
|Netik, IHS||IHS Markit|
|Brooktrout Technology, Brooktrout Techonology||Dialogic|
Count of new applications added:
|Publisher||Number of Applications|
|Other 39 Publishers||71|
Current Library Totals:
- Number of applications in ARL: 286,497 across 17,412 publishers.
- Number of evidence recognition rules: 978,547
- Installer evidence rules: 642,608
- File evidence rules: 334,316
- WMI evidence rules: 1,266
- Application suite evidence rules: 357
- Number of commercial applications with service life dates: 32,314
Details of changes in the ARL
You can inspect changes made in this ARL release as per the following links:
- List of new applications added: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewApplicationsARL244...
- List of new versions of applications added: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewVersionsARL2443
- List of applications updated in the release: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=UpdatedApplicationsAR...
- List of new publishers added: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewPublishersARL2443
- List of commercial applications added with service life dates: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewSLDPApplicationsAR...
Updating library data
FlexNet Manager Cloud: These updates are expected to be installed prior to Monday, August 05, 2019.
FlexNet Manager On-premises: This library release will be applied to your FlexNet Manager according to schedule settings and processes configured for your instance. If your environment requires to you manually download and update library data, see the following article for guidance: Downloading the FlexNet Manager Suite Content libraries manually.
You can inspect the versions of currently installed libraries using the system Menu > System Health > System Health Dashboard menu option in FlexNet Manager.
Upcoming ARL and Service Life Data Pack updates: We nominally expect the next ARL and Service Life Data Pack updates to be published on or around Thursday, August 08, 2019.
Reporting issues with ARL and SLDP updates
Should you have any issues related to FlexNet Manager library data, please submit a case by logging in to the Flexera Community and then select the Get Support > Open new case menu option.
We are interested in feedback on these announcements. If you have any questions or suggestions for improvements, please comment below.
We trust that you will find this update helpful and look forward to continually improving your application recognition results.
Flexera Content Team
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.