The Application Recognition Library (ARL), as used by FlexNet Manager, has been updated. The updated version for the ARL is #2438.
The Service Life Data Pack has been updated to version #287.
What's new in this release
Changes to note:
Six titles of Oracle Database have been fixed w.r.t its application evidences and its related titles for Oracle options are reverted as standalone applications.
- 20 commercial applications have been added with lifecycle dates.
This ARL build offers the next set of changes for accommodating the Oracle Java commercialization announcement. We have updated the existing Java Runtime Environment 8 software titles for versions 8.0.201, 8.0.202, 8.0.211 and 8.0.212 by adding ~700 plus unique installer evidences.
Added three new software titles for the upcoming product release for FlexNet Beacon, Inventory Agent and FNMS for Enterprise.
Added the latest version 19c of Oracle Database with Enterprise and Unspecified editions.
Three IBM products have been updated according to its rebranding -
CPLEX Optimizer to ILOG CPLEX Optimizer
WebSphere Remoter Server to Retail Store Server
Lotus Domino to Domino for Messaging Express and Collaboration Express families.
- Five tier 3 publisher applications have been updated to their current acquirer.
- Baan International to Infor
- KPD Automatisering to Brink Group
- LearningGuide Solutions to Ontuitive
- MobiMate to CWT
- MyFonts to Monotype Imaging
Count of new applications added:
|Publisher||Number of Applications|
|61 other publishers||120|
Current Library Totals:
- Number of applications in ARL: 284,850 across 17,395 publishers.
- Number of evidence recognition rules: 973,635
- Installer evidence rules: 637,889
- File evidence rules: 334,119
- WMI evidence rules: 1,274
- Application suite evidence rules: 353
- Number of commercial applications with service life dates: 32,998
Details of changes in the ARL
You can inspect changes made in this ARL release as per the following links:
- List of new applications added: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewApplicationsARL243...
- List of new versions of applications added: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewVersionsARL2438
- List of applications updated in the release: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=UpdatedApplicationsAR...
- List of new publishers added: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewPublishersARL2438
- List of commercial applications added with service life dates: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewSLDPApplicationsAR...
Updating library data
FlexNet Manager Cloud: These updates are expected to be installed prior to Monday, July 08, 2019.
FlexNet Manager On-premises: This library release will be applied to your FlexNet Manager according to schedule settings and processes configured for your instance. If your environment requires to you manually download and update library data, see the following article for guidance: Downloading the FlexNet Manager Suite Content libraries manually.
You can inspect the versions of currently installed libraries using the system Menu > System Health > System Health Dashboard menu option in FlexNet Manager.
Upcoming ARL and Service Life Data Pack updates: We nominally expect the next ARL and Service Life Data Pack updates to be published on or around Thursday, July 11, 2019.
Reporting issues with ARL and SLDP updates
Should you have any issues related to FlexNet Manager library data, please submit a case by logging in to the Flexera Community and then select the Get Support > Open new case menu option.
We are interested in feedback on these announcements. If you have any questions or suggestions for improvements, please comment below.
We trust that you will find this update helpful and look forward to continually improving your application recognition results.
Flexera Content Team
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.