cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

hyperlinks

any way to put hyperlinks in the message notes. That way a customer could click on it and go to our webpage for such things as update instructions, payment options, more info on what is being update.
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

I will answer that question in two parts...

1. Update Messages - we have one built-in link called additional information. It displays a link when customer go to get the update. Most customers use that for release notes. Have you seen that? Is that not what you are looking for?

2. Informational Messages - here we just display an HTML page. Obviously, you can put any link you want within the HTML page.
0 Kudos
katsnelson
Level 5

When I create an Informational Message, Update Service makes me upload an HTML page and all of hte graphics etc. that go with it. What I realy want to do is not to create amy new HTML pages but redirect the user to a web site that the informational message is all about. The short description for the informational message is long enough for me.
So, is there a way to provide a URL instead of uploading an HTML page?
0 Kudos
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

Maybe as a workaround you could upload a HTML page with a REFRESH tag that would forward the user to your "real" page?
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos
katsnelson
Level 5

That is a great idea. While not as easy and not as error prone as just entering URL it will do the job. Woudl you happen to have a sample of such a page?
0 Kudos
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

Save this as a text file with .htm extension:

If your browser doesn't support redirection please click here.

Adjust the two URLs to make them point to a page on your web site.
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos