cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manual inventory software items attributes

As I am attributes to the inventory software items I am noticing not all the version of software we have are appearing and in some cases the software does not appear at all.

any idea what the problem is?

where is the list of attributes coming from? 

attached are examples of the versions detected for 7-zip for each. Apache Tomcat is missing in the Flexera completely and we have over 200 computers with it installed and 7 different version.

Thanks for the help.

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
I'd guess that perhaps it is the bit-mode of the applications which is preventing them from being displayed. As a daily process App Portal will sync inventory attributes from the SCCM DB. These attributes are stored in the App Portal DB with table names such as:
WD_Sync_v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.

In this case, "v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS" is the name of a view in SCCM where the data is retrieved.. There should be one view for each of the hardware inventory classes enabled in SCCM. Just because they are enabled in SCCM does not mean they will sync automatically into the App Portal DB. You need to explicitly enable the hardware inventory classes and attributes you are interested in... To do this go to compliance management->Inventory Attributes, and select an inventory class from the drop down, and the attributes that you wish to get.

I believe it likely that you will want to try adding the inventory class "Add Remove Programs(64)". App Portal will then sync data from the view v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64 in SCCM. You can then choose this inventory class when building your inventory group.

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
I'd guess that perhaps it is the bit-mode of the applications which is preventing them from being displayed. As a daily process App Portal will sync inventory attributes from the SCCM DB. These attributes are stored in the App Portal DB with table names such as:
WD_Sync_v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.

In this case, "v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS" is the name of a view in SCCM where the data is retrieved.. There should be one view for each of the hardware inventory classes enabled in SCCM. Just because they are enabled in SCCM does not mean they will sync automatically into the App Portal DB. You need to explicitly enable the hardware inventory classes and attributes you are interested in... To do this go to compliance management->Inventory Attributes, and select an inventory class from the drop down, and the attributes that you wish to get.

I believe it likely that you will want to try adding the inventory class "Add Remove Programs(64)". App Portal will then sync data from the view v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64 in SCCM. You can then choose this inventory class when building your inventory group.

Thank you that seems very likely and I hope this is the fix. I was told that this was setup but I am finding out that I am doing more than it was set up for. I will let you know tomorrow if this fixes my problem.

do you happen to know what inventory class to use to inventory a desktop shortcut that points to a folder on a share created by and install package that does not write to add remove programs?
Not sure.. Looking at the list of hardware inventory views in SCCM, I'd start by looking at the inventory classes "installed Executable" and "installed software".. Both appeared to be tied to asset intelegence, you they may require additional configuration in SCCM.

Note: The list I was referring to can be found at the following URL:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/develop/core/understand/sqlviews/hardware-inventory-views-configuration-manager

Not sure, but you may also wish to look at v_GS_SOFTWARE_SHORTCUT or v_GS_WEBAPP_APPLICATION to see if one of those would help.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".