cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does WD_MyAppsAlert table get updated with expired?

On our reclamation items we have it to set expire the notification if the unused software at time of notification is later reported as used.  Today an end user received a 2nd notification for unused software, the first notification on 7/26/2020.  She used the software on 7/28 and FNMS shows this as the date for the specific ARL on her device and I confirmed SCCM shows the same for the .exe  FNMS showed her last inventory date as 7/29/2020.

The alert table showed Expired as 0 and Response as Not Responded.  I impersonated her account and went to My Apps just to see if it showed anything for this software and it had been removed as an alert.

During my troubleshooting Expired got set to 1 and UniqueUserName SystemAction.  Just curious what the timeframe is from when the software is used to when the alert table is updated.

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

As far as I know, there are only two things which will update the WD_MyAppsAlert table and set alerts as expired.. The App Portal - Process Computers for My Apps Alerts, and going to the My Apps tab.. With the exception of sending alert notifications, the scheduled task handles anything related to alerts.. It will handle all campaigns for all devices.. The My Apps tab is similar, but it only acts on alerts for the target device which is chosen for "choose your device". When you aliased in as the user and chose her device, this likely triggered the usage check against FNMS. When it was determined that the software had been used since the alert had been created, the alert was expired. Obviously, this behavior should only occur if you have "Automatically expire notification if the unused software at time of notification is later reported as used" selected for the campaign.

Hopefully this is what you were asking 🙂

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

As far as I know, there are only two things which will update the WD_MyAppsAlert table and set alerts as expired.. The App Portal - Process Computers for My Apps Alerts, and going to the My Apps tab.. With the exception of sending alert notifications, the scheduled task handles anything related to alerts.. It will handle all campaigns for all devices.. The My Apps tab is similar, but it only acts on alerts for the target device which is chosen for "choose your device". When you aliased in as the user and chose her device, this likely triggered the usage check against FNMS. When it was determined that the software had been used since the alert had been created, the alert was expired. Obviously, this behavior should only occur if you have "Automatically expire notification if the unused software at time of notification is later reported as used" selected for the campaign.

Hopefully this is what you were asking 🙂

Charles - thank you - that helped.  I am looking at the task scheduler to see when the tasks are set to run for generation alerts and see we send the notification two times a week but only run the task to generate the alert once.  I've changed the alert to generate two times and run prior to the notification.  I think this should fix the issue.  Thanks again.

Top Kudoed Authors