cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unapproved Software on the Desktop

rabrera1
By Level 2 Flexeran
Level 2 Flexeran
If we encounter a situation where unapproved software is installed on a desktop, is there an App Broker campaign or process that can be called to inform the User that the software installed in unapproved and needs to be removed? Is that a campaign or specific process that is called or configured in App Broker / App Portal?
(2) Solutions

: I would recommend looking at the retire campaign functionality

View solution in original post

I would also add to John's reply that the retire campaign will silently remove the unapproved software, assuming you either have a catalog item with an uninstall package or you have configured the SmartUninstall utility and the unapproved software is MSI-based. If you don't have either of these, you might look at using an "Alert Action Catalog Item" where you can notify the user of the unapproved software and ask them to remove it themselves. In this latter case, there is no way to enforce the removal, only to notify the user.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
cvirata
By Revenera Community Admin Revenera Community Admin
Revenera Community Admin

Hi @rabrera1 ,

It looks like your question is specific to the App Broker product. I am moving your forum post to the correct product forum. Going forward, you can post your questions on the product forum by clicking on your product in the 'Find My Product' section of the community.

Regards,

Christine Virata-Stone

Flexera Community

: I would recommend looking at the retire campaign functionality

I would also add to John's reply that the retire campaign will silently remove the unapproved software, assuming you either have a catalog item with an uninstall package or you have configured the SmartUninstall utility and the unapproved software is MSI-based. If you don't have either of these, you might look at using an "Alert Action Catalog Item" where you can notify the user of the unapproved software and ask them to remove it themselves. In this latter case, there is no way to enforce the removal, only to notify the user.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".