cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstallation\Rerun

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Looking to understand the "Enable Reinstallation\Rerun" flag under the Global subtab for a catalog item. The documentation states -- "Allows a client to Rerun a program after it has been installed. This action will remove the previous execution flag from the client and force a machine policy cycle. The Service account will require local administrative permissions on the client."

Does checking this setting tell SCCM to attempt an install retry if the deployment fails? We are looking for a way to handle failed installations. I am expecting that App Portal relies on the SCCM policy for attempting an install retry, but was interested to know if this setting would force it.

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The "Enable Reinstallation / Rerun?" setting determines whether or not the "install" icon will be displayed under the Actions column of the My Requests page.. The icon will only display after a successful or failed install.. I believe that the hover text is "reinstall" after a successful install. In any event, this would require you to manually click on the icon to reinitiate the install.. this button will reset a couple of columns pertaining to status in WD_PackageRequests, and then start the collection insert process again. Note that the same RequestID will be used.. It will not generate a new request. The following screen capture shows the "install" icon which is displayed after a failed install.. 

InstallButton.png

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The "Enable Reinstallation / Rerun?" setting determines whether or not the "install" icon will be displayed under the Actions column of the My Requests page.. The icon will only display after a successful or failed install.. I believe that the hover text is "reinstall" after a successful install. In any event, this would require you to manually click on the icon to reinitiate the install.. this button will reset a couple of columns pertaining to status in WD_PackageRequests, and then start the collection insert process again. Note that the same RequestID will be used.. It will not generate a new request. The following screen capture shows the "install" icon which is displayed after a failed install.. 

InstallButton.png

Top Kudoed Authors