cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-emptive Reclamation Notification

I have a customer that would like to explore the possibility of notifying end users that they are going to have an application reclaimed from their machine by App Broker before their machine is entered into an uninstallation collection, in order to give the end user the option to open and use the application if they want to keep it. They are using ServiceNow as the front end ui so they don't want to give the end users the option to reply to a reclamation notification because they would be brought to App Broker instead of ServiceNow. Is this possible?

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I've not really tried this, but it should work I think.. How about if you setup your license reclamation campaigns with the option "allow users to uninstall unused software', rather than the option "automatically uninstall unused software without any user intervention."  You could select the following options:

1. Automatically uninstall software if the user has not responded to the notification within X Days
  2. Uninstall unused software even when there is no associated user for the device
  3. Automatically expire notification if the unused software at time of notification is later reported as used

This should result in the "My Apps - License Reclamation Alert Text" notification being sent. By default, this is as follows:

Unused Software Alert:  You have not used ##ProductName## during the last ##NumberOfDays## days, Click ##UninstallLink## to uninstall this software or click ##KeepLink## to retain it.

You should be able to remove the ##UninstallLink## and ##KeepLink## variables, so that the user would not be redirected to App Portal, and change the wording to indicate that the software should be opened if they wish to keep it.

I think that App Portal will also send out a summary of alerts, which you may not want to see. I believe that this notification is named "My Apps - Alert Email Notification". I think that you should be able to add a condition to this notification so that domain users are excluded from the notification..

Again,  I've not actually tried this, but I think that it would work...

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I've not really tried this, but it should work I think.. How about if you setup your license reclamation campaigns with the option "allow users to uninstall unused software', rather than the option "automatically uninstall unused software without any user intervention."  You could select the following options:

1. Automatically uninstall software if the user has not responded to the notification within X Days
  2. Uninstall unused software even when there is no associated user for the device
  3. Automatically expire notification if the unused software at time of notification is later reported as used

This should result in the "My Apps - License Reclamation Alert Text" notification being sent. By default, this is as follows:

Unused Software Alert:  You have not used ##ProductName## during the last ##NumberOfDays## days, Click ##UninstallLink## to uninstall this software or click ##KeepLink## to retain it.

You should be able to remove the ##UninstallLink## and ##KeepLink## variables, so that the user would not be redirected to App Portal, and change the wording to indicate that the software should be opened if they wish to keep it.

I think that App Portal will also send out a summary of alerts, which you may not want to see. I believe that this notification is named "My Apps - Alert Email Notification". I think that you should be able to add a condition to this notification so that domain users are excluded from the notification..

Again,  I've not actually tried this, but I think that it would work...