cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lease can be extended by end user on Status tab

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.  We're on 2019 R1 and we have one ctalog item where leasing is enabled and we have disabled permanent installation.  The software can only be leased for 30 days and we do not allow extensions.

I just found a user who went into My Requests, pulled up her request, went to the Status tab and changed the lease date to 12/31/2020.

I was able to reproduce this as a regular user.  Has anyone experienced the same?

(2) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Teri - yes, I could reproduce the same behavior..  It used to be that you needed "manage all requests" permissions to extend the lease duration. Of course, this prevented users without manage all requests permissions from extending the lease, even though it was allowed. A change was made so that it no longer requires Manage All Requests permissions.. Unfortunately the scenario where extending a lease is prohibited is not handled, and as such, the lease can be extended even it the settings disallow it.  Can you open up a support case for this so that we can have something to attach the issue to?

Thanks

Charles

Thanks Charles - I'll open a case today.

Top Kudoed Authors