cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just did a fresh install of 2021 R2 and after rebooting the server I am getting "The site is offline".  Even though I made myself an administrator I also get access denied when going to http://localhost/esd/admin

I found 'App Portal Website displays "The site is currently offline." - Community (flexera.com)'    article but since I am not able to get in to enable the site I am guessing i need to update a table in the database.

Looking for what table(s) need to be updated so I can get back in

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Teri,
    The setting is named cbEnableSite.. If it is disabled, you should be able to run the following query to enable:

update wd_appsettings set value = 'True' where keyname = 'cbEnableSite'

An alternate would be to clean up admin security by using the following query:

delete from wd_nodesecurity

Of course, the second query is probably not desirable, unless you are in a test environment, as you would need to redefine your permissions under admin security after doing this.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Teri,
    The setting is named cbEnableSite.. If it is disabled, you should be able to run the following query to enable:

update wd_appsettings set value = 'True' where keyname = 'cbEnableSite'

An alternate would be to clean up admin security by using the following query:

delete from wd_nodesecurity

Of course, the second query is probably not desirable, unless you are in a test environment, as you would need to redefine your permissions under admin security after doing this.

Thanks!  It is a test environment before next weeks actual cutover.  I set the keyname='cbEnableSite' to true last night but still wasn't able to get in.

After seeing your reply this morning I deleted from wd_nodesecurity and ran an IISRESET and am back in.