cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Notification Templates for different Catalog Item Types

We need to import 700+ General Catalog Items into our 2019R1 App Portal.We have 1400+ Application Items in currently.

We would like the email notification (for example ‘Software/General Catalog Item Request Order’) to be different for General Items than what it is for Application items.

Is there any way to do this, without having to manually modify each of the 700 notifications for the General Catalog items?

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

There is not a great way to handle this.. First, I should point out that while you can customize this notification, it really is more of a order-based notification. If only a single catalog item is selected, the custom notification will be sent out. If the order contains multiple items, then the "global" notification will be sent out.  About the only way that I can think of to customize the 700+ notifications for general catalog items, would be to insert rows into WD_notifications.  If you customize a notification at the catalog item Level, App Broker basically copies the orginal row, and inserts it into this table. It sets the PackageID colum to the package ID for the catalog item where the notificaiton was changed. You'd basically need to insert a new row for each general catalog item, setting the packageID colum for each new row that was added. 

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

There is not a great way to handle this.. First, I should point out that while you can customize this notification, it really is more of a order-based notification. If only a single catalog item is selected, the custom notification will be sent out. If the order contains multiple items, then the "global" notification will be sent out.  About the only way that I can think of to customize the 700+ notifications for general catalog items, would be to insert rows into WD_notifications.  If you customize a notification at the catalog item Level, App Broker basically copies the orginal row, and inserts it into this table. It sets the PackageID colum to the package ID for the catalog item where the notificaiton was changed. You'd basically need to insert a new row for each general catalog item, setting the packageID colum for each new row that was added. 

Thanks, I suspected that direct SQL Updates would be the only way to manage this. We should be able to build it into our automation.