cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Portal 2023 R2 working well with SQL Server 2022 ?

Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Hello App Portal Customers

I am wondering if anyone installs your App Portal 2023 R2 (or R1) on the SQL Server 2022 version? 

Somehow officially the release note of AP 2023 R2 doesn't include the supportability of SQL Server 2022 (Link)

Screenshot 2024-02-23 105254.png

Not sure whether there was a particular reason why SQL 2022 wasn't included even the date of AP 2023 R2 was 1.5 years after its availability. 

Appreciated if I can hear some inputs from other customers . Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Kevin

(1) Solution

I would not expect that there are any issues running on SQL Server 2022.  In fact, I'm pretty sure one of my test environments is running on 2022.  I think it's more a matter of documentation not being updated to reflect all the various SQL versions.  I've already sent this along to the Product Manager and Engineering Manager to confirm.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

I would not expect that there are any issues running on SQL Server 2022.  In fact, I'm pretty sure one of my test environments is running on 2022.  I think it's more a matter of documentation not being updated to reflect all the various SQL versions.  I've already sent this along to the Product Manager and Engineering Manager to confirm.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Thanks for the prompt reply @jdempsey  , yes as my client is a big bank, they concern to choose the item not list in the release note.  If Flexera could update the document soon will be fantastic.

Cheers

Kev