cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repackaging Street Atlas 2003

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I've tried to repackage this app several times using both Installation monitoring and Snapsot. I always get the following error when running the MSI:

Error 1911 Could not register type library for file C:\Program Files\Street Atlas USA 2003\AppServices.dmc. Contact your support personnel.

The knowledge base and help haven't turned up anything.
(5) Replies
How big is the MSI package itself? If the package is small enough could you attach the MSI package and send it to us. WE will verify why you are getting this error.

If this is not possible, is an eval version of this package available? If so, could you please send us the link?
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
The repackaged MSI is 200mb. I couldn't find a demo version on the companys site.:(
By looking at the file extension I doubt its a COM Dll AppServices.dmc. It should 'nt try to register if its not. If its not then you may want to get rid of the entry corresponding to AppServices.dmc in the MSI TypeLib table. The error should go away.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I don't see an entry for AppServices.dmc in the Typelib table. Could that be the problem? If I do need to add one, what would I put in there?
What I meant was an entry corresponding to the component for AppServices.dmc. Again if its not really a typelib then you should'nt populate it since it fail to register. All COM servers need to have right entries in Class table. And if the setup also distrbutes typlib for that COM server then Typelib table needs to have entries too. Look in MSI help for details
Top Kudoed Authors