cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

packaged application doesn't launch for non-admin user

i packaged the latest version of ws_ftp pro into an msi package. i tested the package by installing it as administrator with no problems. when i log in as a non-admin user to run the application, it fails with a message, "the aladdin privilege runtime protecting has encountred an internal error". does anyone have ideas on how to resolve this. i'm a novice when it comes to packaging. i tried some things but with no luck. any help would be greatly appreciated.
(3) Replies
If you install the original setup, not the repackaged one, as an administrator, and launch it with a non-privileged user account, what happens?
i installed the original set up as admin and launched the app as a non-admin user with no problem.
It may not be easy, if possible at all, to simply repackage application along with Aladdin software. You will probably have to remove Aladdin piece (which I presume is in a form of setup package) from your repackaged setup, and replicate the same behavior found in original setup using a custom action.