cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

##ids_error_1##

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Since loading Valuepack2 on my server the msi's I am making have all the entries in the error table showing as ##IDS_ERROR_xx##. This is not helping the making process as I have to replace them with ones from other MSI's I've made earlier.

Has anyone seen this before and how do I fix it?

Clive
(13) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I dont' see what this has to do with my problem. I always (well, most of the time) run the developer from the wrapper and have been running it a lot today. I still have my problem.
It all worked fine before VP2.

It's now got worse as I have a 2343 error now!

ARRGGHH!!
The legacy conversion wizard uses a default Developer template to build the msi. And the template do not get initialised with correct language support unless its run/launched at least once. Before doing the conversion/ building the msi using legacy conversion wizard you should launch the developer. This should be fixed in the next release.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
But I have run , repeatedly, the developer program from InstallShield AdminStudio. Am STILL getting the problem. Is there a way to set the template file manually for English (UK) or US if needed?

Clive
Well you can specify a different template or your own while doing the conversion from Legacy Conversion Wizard. But their's no support manually to specify for English (UK) or US language. It seems to me that problem you are having may been than just the language support in the developer template. That needs more insight in your repackaged app and enviroment.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
The setup here is a standard install, with VP1 and VP2 installed. Nothing has been changed and it's worked fine up until now.

Clive
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Have tried removing Installshield and reinstalling with VP1 only. Same problem. Please can you tell me how to fix this as I don't want to replace every error table in new packages I make. We pay a lot of money for this product and I would like a solution.

Clive
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I have a 1033.txt file in languages but it seems it's not putting the data into the ism files. Do you have a set that has this?

Clive
You can email me your .inc, options.ini and .ism at praveenl@installshield.com and discuss this offline. I'll see what I find.
Thanks
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I have the same problem cflint, see my new thread. Also using VP1&2 and not changed any of the default settings. I also tried using an ism template which I use to create new projects.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I think this is to do with cflint and I having English UK systems.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Okay. Workaround is as follows.
Create .inc file with repackager. Edit this file with notepad. Where it says Operating System, make sure that the language is 1033, not 2057.

For me this line is "OSInfo('Windows 2000','5.0.2195 Service Pack 3','1033')".

Then open this .inc with the legacy converter and run. All will work fine then. Clearly the converter doesn't pick up the language from the template, but rather uses the language specified in the OS.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I have tried this before but it's a bit annoying to have to change it every time I make a new package.

I have got a new machine which I have loaded with VP1 and it works fine.

Clive
Top Kudoed Authors